Means the world to me!
Have you heard of GDPR? Not to be confused with Roald Dahl’s BFG, although I do agree with the statement: “Don’t gobblefunk with words”. This is why the privacy statement is as plain as they come. My company “Petra Fisher Consulting” is registered in The Netherlands under KvK (chamber of commerce) number: 53153138.
In this privacy statement, you’ll find out how I deal with your personal details. If you submitted them to me that is. If you have any questions after reading this, please contact me on email@example.com
- When you click to grab my free LinkedIn Profile Workbook, you subscribe to my newsletter. If this is not obvious (I hope it is) straight away, it is explained again throughout the double opt-in procedure.
- My newsletter comes to you through the GDPR compliant provider MailerLite, so your first name and email address live in a database on their server. They know privacy better than I do, so that should all be fine.
- Every newsletter you receive has an easy unsubscribe option in that fine-print area down the bottom where you expect it. AND as a big button so it is easier to find.
- How long do I keep your personal information? Name and email stay in the MailerLite system until you unsubscribe. I don’t keep them anywhere else.
- When you pay for “Petra Fisher Consulting” services, you supply me with your first and last name, company name and VAT number if applicable and a postal address. I need these under Dutch Tax Law to be able to invoice you. I use “MoneyBird” as my bookkeeping software, so that is where I keep your info.
- When you have worked with me, I might send you a handwritten postcard once or twice a year. I am old school like that.
- For legal reasons, I need to keep my administration for 7 years. This means that a copy of the invoice I sent you will stay in my system for 7 years. Probably longer, as I see no reason to toss part of my business administration.
- If you submitted your details through a form on my website, you can ask me at any time to remove that information (remember, I still need to keep a copy of the invoice with your details).
- My site is hosted with GreenGeeks.com as they run their servers of green energy. I like that. They are US-based. So the information you enter through my site lives somewhere -within my site- on their servers. But hey, they know privacy inside out. Apart from being GREEN they are GEEKS right!
- I switched off all information sharing options I could find in Google Analytics.
- You have the right to see the information I keep about you. Sure thing! You may not remember what you told me back in the day. Just pop me a request through the mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you feel that I somehow don’t comply with privacy legislation, please let me know so I can fix it. If you are not happy with my response you have every right to complain, the official body to do so in The Netherlands is the “Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens”.