Born for training and public speaking, I jumped at every chance to provide training. Starting when I was just 14 years old as a swim instructor, I’ve been explaining things to people ever since. With my roots in social work and counselling, I made the conscious choice in 2003 to focus on training. From supervising student placements to teaching MS Office and Business Services to professionals in Australia, this decision has led to a breadth of diverse work experiences.
I found my true love once I discovered the unlimited options of LinkedIn. (Established in 2003). The more I understood the possibilities, the more I wanted to share this knowledge. That’s why I ventured off on my own to teach LinkedIn professionally in 2011. Since then, I’ve been meeting with professionals, executives and small business owners, breaking down LinkedIn and helping them use the platform to attract their ideal clients and reach their business goals.
The “CONNECT, CREATE, CONTRIBUTE” program and “The Values-Driven LinkedIn Tea Lounge” are unique concepts I developed. Combining my knowledge of LinkedIn, my skills in training and my experience as an expat, these services really hit home with an international entrepreneurial audience.
Random Fun Facts:
- I drink copious amounts of tea, even at networking events (Earl Grey, weak, no milk no sugar).
- I’ve been to 10 Nick Cave concerts, here’s to ten more!
- This website is built on WordPress which saw the light in 2003.
- I love to crochet and read books (not simultaneously) whilst drinking tea.
- In the US they say while instead of whilst, I pay attention to this in my work with clients.
- I am so addiction-prone that I am not allowed games on my phone and only watch Netflix when I am sick.
- I had a 3-week fling with a big Hollywood name (nope, not telling).
- I walk every morning, except when I don’t. I often walk in the evening. I go for a 5 min walk after client sessions. (see addiction-prone is not all bad).
- I live with the big fat red cat Bluey and the daughter (born in 2003) who thinks my jokes are quite dumb.
- I’ve worked with clients on 5 continents.
“Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day;
teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.”