Wonder how to join the LinkedIn Success Club. Here is the secret: consistently connecting and engaging. It’s simple.
What are the best days to engage on LinkedIn? Start by finding out when are your desired clients on LinkedIn. This is critical because you need to be there when they are ready to engage. If your clients are online on Sunday evening, then that’s the best time to engage and post. Most social sharing in terms of volume of posts is done Monday through Friday. However most social engagement is Thursday through Sunday.
How frequently should you post, comment and share on LinkedIn? The best frequency is 5 days a week, twice a day. More is better on Twitter but you can exhaust your audience on LinkedIn. Keep your posts valuable and relevant to your desired client.
How much time should you spend on LinkedIn? The experts who are successful on LinkedIn are spending about one hour per day. Expert Lori Ruff suggests 45 minutes a day, broken down into 15 minute slots throughout the day: once in the morning, around lunch time and then towards the end of the day. Try this frequency and let me know how it works for you.
What are the most successful engagement strategies? Here are my top 7 favorites.
- Review and comment on your timeline. If you’re using LinkedIn’s app, it’s the top left corner box called “Updates”. Scroll down and read those posts which look interesting. If you like them hit “like” or even better comment and share.
- Check who’s visited your profile in the last day and reach out to them. If they’ve taken the time to review your profile ask how you may help.
- Post your blog on your timeline and share it in the groups. If you’re gone through the trouble of writing a brilliant blog post – don’t be shy, share it!
- Visit a group and comment, like, or post a question. Be visible in your group. If you don’t already manage a group consider starting one.
- Give a testimonial to a deserving connection. This will help them and you. It’s a win win. They get the testimonial and you become visible on their profile as someone of influence and generosity.
- Ask a question of your network. People love to share their opinions so ask them. Then write a blog post about what you learned. It’s an easy and free way to get market data.
- Visit a company page. If you’re looking to get hired or do business with a specific company sign up to follow their company page. When they post high quality content, comment or share. This will help you get noticed by the company.