How would you like to take control of your LinkedIn Notifications? Decide what makes that little bell on the menu bar get all excited! I dunno about you, but I have turned off all sounds for notifications. It is bad enough to see the number next to the bell icon go up and up and up and up… Just as well it isn’t a balloon icon or I’d be afraid it might explode!
WHICH LINKEDIN NOTIFICATION BUGS YOU THE MOST?
- InMail reminders (when you received one and didn’t answer yet).
- Job recommendations
- Your connection wants your input on conversations
- Responses to a post that mentions you
- Skills endorsements
- Job changes in your network
- Responses to your group post
As you can see, not all LinkedIn Notifications are evil! Most are quite useful actually. If there are some that you find pointless, just switch them off. There are FIFTY-SIX (56) different types of notifications. Enough to drive any person insane. Just as well it is easy peasy to take control!
HERE IS WHAT YOU DO
- Click the notifications icon on the menu-bar.
- Click “view settings” (I already clicked, hence the blank space at number 2 above).
- Click on the > for each category (one at the time) and switch off to your heart’s content.
>>> Tell me! What notifications are you switching off?<<<